The global spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a fast-evolving situation. From Tuesday, 5 January 2021, a new lockdown will be in force for England to curb the transmission of the virus. Churches in the Church of England can remain open for communal worship such as the celebration of the Holy Eucharist providing the necessary steps are taken to keep people safe.
Instruction for those wishing to attend services in our churches.
As we soon start public services in our churches (All Saints' Church in Crathorne from 7 February, All Saints' Church in Hutton Rudby from 21 March, Holy Cross church in Swainby from 28 March), we would like to give you some basic guidelines that were adopted before the lockdown continue to be followed. This means that we ask you to:
- Wear a face covering on entering the church and throughout the service
- Use the hand sanitiser
- Give your contact details to the person taking these details
- Scan the NHS QR if you have it on your phone
- Observe social distancing if there is a person in front of you as you enter
- Go immediately to one of the pews where there is a service sheet
- Please leave the church without stopping to chat inside the church
It is very important for your own safety and the safety of others, to follow these guidelines. When they are followed and respected, All our churches will be able to remain the safe environment they have always been.
Many thanks for your co-operation.